Thursday, October 28, 2010

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson --- Pt. 3

Pgs. 133-198

The end of the book. It was alright.

We find out what IT did. That was...touchy. I think that Anderson approached the subject very well and handled the situation as delicately as possible.

HEATHER! I'm so excited for Mel! She told that phoney to shove off and I'm proud of her for it. That was a great scene; probably one of my favorites. It was nice to see that she could stand up for herself.

The bathroom stall article that Mel wrote turned into a confession sheet. Girls responded to it with abandon. Lots of girls have been hurt by Andy (IT). Now Mel isn't alone in her struggle.

I won't reveal more of the story, because the story has an open end. If I say too much, it will give everything away.

The art project turned out to be very, very good. I think that it would mean a lot to everyone who has read this book if the author had the project commissioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment