Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson --- Pt. 3

So, I feel very sorry for Jenna. There is just so much that she doesn't know and so much that her parents are hiding from her. I can understand them wanting to protect her and give her a normal life, but how long did they think that was going to last? She's 17. I'm pretty sure that when she was 30 and still looking like her teenage self, she would begin to suspect that something was horribly wrong. Not only are her parents keeping secrets, but they refrain from telling her the whole truth even when she confronts them about her differences. It kills me. I would hate never being able to trust my parents.

I am in love with the character of Lily though. She is honest, at least up to a point. She recognizes the "monstrosity" that Jenna is, but she can't tell what she really thinks. She doesn't know if she hates what Jenna has become, or if she is happy that she once again has a granddaughter. Lily's past is riddled with fine-lines...She's just a complex character that really keeps you guessing.

Everything seems to be an obstacle that will uncover some new worry for Jenna to go against. It just seems to get a little hopeless. Will she ever be comfortable with herself? With a shelf life of two to two hundred years...will it matter if she becomes comfortable...What happens when the authorities find out? All will be revealed I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment