Monday, December 6, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson --- Pt. 2

Pgs. 70-139

Jenna's attitude has definitely made this book worth reading so far. It's comical and sarcastic, but it pops up at the strangest of times. She also seems to have some innate sense of  how to diffuse situations. It's amazing. I think I'm already liking this character and this will make it hard on me later when we learn something about what happened to her. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but if I already like her, I might be in trouble.

I also like the poetry that cuts the chapters. They aren't very long, but they definitely help you understand Jenna's thoughts. They also help you understand the point of the previous chapter, just in case Pearson was being a little too cryptic. Nothing helps you know a person better than seeing their poetry and truly understanding what they want or how they feel. Poetry, at least here, is raw and revealing.

I think I know what is going on! I have a theory. I won't share, I don't want to ruin it. However, I will tell you whether or not I was right when I get to the revelation.

I've definitely seen a lot of hinting at what is going to happen. The more I read, the more I pick on the repeated sentences and ideas. Something is going to come of them. It's hard to wait for the break. I'm ready for it to happen, but I'm also ready to just spend more time learning about Jenna.

And, I was right! I was right! It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, but now that it's happened, I'm not sure what the rest of the story deals with...Maybe the man who took her picture...But I still don't know about the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment